Wednesday 4 July 2007

The Rules of Being a Good Mistress

This morning my married lover and I rode together for work when his earlier train was cancelled. He was telling me about his plans for the weekend and the next vacation he is taking his wife on, receipes they like to cook together and everything else. I just listened and tried to be understanding. He really does love her and doesn't want his marriage to end. He doesn’t want to hurt anyone. He wants me to continue to see me and for me to be his wife’s friend. He says if I don't become his wife’s friend he will end it with me. They live in a gorgeous house and have the life I envy. My situation is weaker than the two of them together but better than if they were single like me.

I have now been given the rules. I am now adjusting to living under a different set of rules.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A878204

I am using these as a starting point to write my own Manifesto and set clear boundaries so I do not get ‘swallowed’ up in this. The apart about remaining emotionally detached and not falling in love is unfortunately already too late for me. I am in love.

No comments: