Wednesday 19 September 2007

Does your decor create a positve effect on the libido?

Yesterday, I stopped by Loverboys house to give him a wake-up call. I prefer my own home and don't like to do it in some one else's bed. That increases the risk factor as well as adding insult to injury. He insisted and curiousity about what their bedroom would be like also motivated me.

He left the door open and I walked up the stairs to find him lying naked in their small bed waiting for me. The room smelled musky and stale. Glaring sunlight streamed through the net curtains almost blinding me. I guess it was what you'd expect from a subhurban married couple's bedroom. It was a little bit sad that it was the least lavishly decorated room in the house. I didn't feel my usual and erotic self.


Expensive furnishings were reserved for the rooms they entertain in, the living room, dining room etc. I sat down beside him on the cheap tacky blue and yellow poly-cotton duvet cover and placed my handbag on her bedside table next to her brick-a-bac. My handbag never looked so out of place.
The table lamps looked like they cost £10, if that, and had the same dingy patern as the duvet cover. The lemon coloured walls had a boarder of wallpaper with the same pattern. Probably from Argos, years ago. The bed seemed very small. . The furniture was cheap white MDF.

It got me thinking to the effect of good bedroom decor on the libido. My own bedroom is decorated in rich browns, reds, pink and black.

My tips for a seductive bedroom decor are:

  • Choose good colours for sex: reds, black, purple (not lilac), pinks (warm and rich with darker colours), creams (again with darker colours), flesh colours, gold, metalics, dark browns and maroons.

  • The bigger and more dramatic the bed the better. Think of it as a stage. Don't discount sleigh beds for the kinky appeal - ropes can be wound around the feet.

  • Don't go for Divans - yuck!!

  • Luxurious artwork and the more erotic the better. Big and oversized is best.

  • Lots of pillows and cushions - these will come in handy ;-)

  • Reflective surfaces and large mirrors

  • Beautiful Dressing table (minimum of make up and perfume)

  • Lots of texture- fur throws, leather, silk, satan and some rougher surfaces ;-)

  • Toy box for your stash of toys (the more the better) as well as

  • lotions, oils, room scents, lubes, etc.

  • Lamps with soft diffused lighting

  • Rich draps (no net curtains!) or blinds if the decor is ultra chic and modern
My favourite shops for the bedroom are Coco de Mer and And So to Bed! I guarantee you won't get a solid night's sleep! If you are still not convinced that the bedroom is worthy of luxury furniture consider that this is the place where you will spend approximately 1/3 of your life. The right matress can make a huge difference in getting a good night's sleep as well preventing back aches.



No comments: