Wednesday 26 September 2007

Losing the plot

I am feeling pangs of jealously again. After a nice Monday night spent with Loverboy being very tender and emotional with me I spoke to him on the phone last night and could hear the excitement in his voice as they prepare for their trip to Thailand. They are leaving this Saturday for two weeks. The hotel they are staying in is 4 star and pure luxury. The picture of the infinity pool with an ocean view was amazing (he sent a link).

It apartently co-incides with their 10 year wedding aniversary and if that wasn't enough the wedding and reception of one of their oldest and best friends is also taking place there. His wife is the made of honour and he is the best man. He also asked me to help write his speech.

He came over while his wife was shopping for new outfits and handed me a card for my birthday and had sex with me (my present).

Thinking of his secret life softens the blow. I can't think of anything worse than to be married to a man who cheats. The marriage and trust is all but an illusion. The soon to be bride and groom look to them as role models. There were references in the speech how they hope that they 'may be as happy as we are'. sic

I checked my online dating site this morning and made a date with a guy for next week. Exact day to be confirmed. Hard to tell from the picture whether I will be attracted to him or not. The sooner I get a boyfriend the sooner I can end it with Loverboy.

Part in desperation and in part curiousity I went to a BSDM meet and greet party. Was weird walking into a room full of single men and women and knowing the reason we are all here is because we all like 'kinky sex'. It is a wide spectrum to be sure. But it wasn't hard to pick out people that wore their sexuality on their sleeve. Dominent or submissive? Mild BSDM or Hardcore S&M?

I got chatted up quite a bit. One older guy seemed particularily smitten but I felt repulsed by some one so much older and craggier than myself or my current lover.

I kept this quiet. I want to scream in anger at him and frustration that I am single and the situation I am in. That he should be sharing his life with one women but claiming to be in love with me. That I should still be single and seeing him when I am smart, funny, beautiful, thin, cultured, polite and have so much to offer.

Of course the only consolation is that I would rather be this side of his marriage than the other. I would hate to be in her shoes. Better to be single and independent than being cheated on.

No comments: