Tuesday 8 January 2008

Old boyfriends never die

Today I had two old boyfriends contact me after over 20 years. One is now "happily married" with 4 kids, big house, cottage and all the mod-cons. The other is still single and kicking back as a self made millionaire playboy on a tax free tropical island.

I feel as though my life hasn't changed. Nothing big has happened. I have changed jobs several times and moved up the ladder quite a bit. But there is nothing dramatic about 2.4% pay raises each year and a slightly fancier title. Ok I also own a house now. But it is small and in still in need of work. I have a cat now. I am still single. Still looking ultimately for the great love of my life. Still hoping for a better tomorrow.

Both these guys I dumped after a few years for various reasons. I am still very certain that given the circumstances at the time I did the right thing.
But I feel like such a loser all the same.




No comments: