Monday 15 October 2007

5 hours a good sign

The email arrived at 1 pm yesterday. I hesitated before opening it and poured myself a glass of wine. It was lunch. Two weeks of sun and an infinity pool may have worked love-magic. They could be loved up again while I was to be shoved away. Perhaps he missed me even more or perhaps just the sex?

Most people prefer the devil they know to uncertainty. It is very unlikely he will ever leave his wife. Most divorces are initiated by the wife. The email revealed the affair is still very much on.
Hi Beautiful.... can't wait to see you again... I had an amazing time and I am missing you....
5 hours had elapsed between the email and the plane landing. This was a great sign. A considering my arsonal of contact lenses, books, DVDs, new lingere, bedroom decor and the oxytocin ready for another round of the game.

This morning I ran into his wife in the shop and asked her how her holiday in Thailand was she said it was 'ok'. She didn't sound as though she enjoyed it much. It would be too much wishful thinking to take that as proof that there marriage is on the rocks.

No comments: