Monday 1 October 2007

Why internet dating names should be chosen with care.

With two weeks to myself I want to use the time wisely and do someting to improve my life. First thing set up some dates with prospective boyfriends. To do this I logged onto my account at Match.com . With a parade of losers like this it is a wonder I haven't lost my will to live as well as lack of interest in all men.

This gem is divorced, 51 (although he could easily pass for 60), kids and calls himself asyoulike69. Aaarggghhh. What is it with guys and the names? ridethenine anyone? He says he is looking to start life 'afresh'. In otherwords yet another one that has been married for 20 odd years and after having the life sucked out of him is now looking for a 'babe' to teach him how to be young again.

Nicho2 also winked (letting me know he likes me) at me from match. This one actually warranted my first angry response. The more I read the more insulted I felt. Nicho is 51, short, fat, bald, 3 kids, tatooed, unemployed with a highschool education and likes fish and steak pies. Nicho2 'dont read alot'. His travel includes 'spain' twice and he lives in Norwich. He says he didn't put a photo up because he doesn't have any flattering pictures of himself. Thank god. I think that would have pushed me over the edge.

There were a couple that had potential. If I had to judge the men I previously dated by what they looked like on paper I am sure I wouldn't have dated any of them. Least of all again the married man. Not that you would call that dating. But the fact he is younger, earns less than me and is heavily into sports would have ruled him out. So maybe I should give a few of the marginally attractive ones a go?

I think it is going to be a quiet week. I bought new table lamp for the bedroom. I think I might freshen up the decor a bit and buy myself another silk nightie for when Mark comes back.

No comments: