Monday 15 October 2007

Why men leave.

Everyone knows the saying "men never leave". Then then there is the book "why men leave" plus the divorce rate. Clearly men do leave. Sometimes at least.

With the cheaters it is the minority who leave.

Divorce is almost always initiated by the wife. If he got caught then chances are the choice would be out of his hands. The stigma of being outed as the 'other woman' is not a label I want, so I too am happy to maintain the status quo. I hope that his marriage will break down and he will leave of his own accord.

I've been looking into the reasons why men do leave and what I can do to tip the scales in favour of me:

  • My income needs to be better than hers to create financial incentive (house value etc)

  • I need to be in better shape - more feminine, more healthy

  • I need to be more nurturing, supportive, loving and kinder (more deserving of love)

  • Tune my hobbies to be of more interest to him

  • Better home maker

  • Offer him higher social status

No comments: